Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Jackson Out, Jackson In


We attended our oldest grandchild's graduation from our local community college, one week ago.

Today, the school informed me that I would be teaching English composition part-time there.

Online is strange in asking for a commitment to teach and then canceling a class for no reason. They have reasons, such as low enrollment for the class, but they do not share the reasons why. I happened to find out twice when my supposed class was switched over to someone's friend - not canceled at all. But they wrote - "Your class has been canceled, sorry."

Oddly enough, we live within walking distance of the satellite campus, which is expanding to a new, larger building. We moved here for another school, but something was very fishy there. I told them so when I quit. That small college president made the national news this year by being indicted by the federal government for fraudulent use of tax money and wire fraud.

He is the only boss I have had to garner felony indictments. However, in churchwork I have had many who deserved to be indicted!

Moves to Springdale neighborhood,
great neighbors, community college campus next door.